National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA5||Relationships with children|
|QA6||Collaborative partnerships with families and communities|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|2||Know the content and how to teach it|
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
|5||Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning|
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
This module has been developed to provide an understanding of how documenting and assessing children’s learning helps educators gain a deeper understanding of children’s interests, strengths and abilities, and how educators use this knowledge to support and extend children’s learning.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- The purpose of documenting children’s learning
- Common myths about documentation
- How to save time and make documentation more effective
- How to use the documentation in your program
- Practices and philosophies in some services
This module features:
- Written information, interactive activities and reflective questions
- Video interviews with educators at two services
- Advice from Rhonda Livingstone, National Education Leader at the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Insights from Anne Stonehouse AM, early childhood consultant and writer.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save a certificate of completion, plus your answers to the reflective questions.
Suitable for early childhood education and care workers at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.