This module has been developed to provide an understanding of how documenting and assessing children’s learning helps educators gain a deeper understanding of children’s interests, strengths and abilities, and how educators use this knowledge to support and extend children’s learning.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- The purpose of documenting children’s learning
- Common myths about documentation
- How to save time and make documentation more effective
- How to use the documentation in your program
- Practices and philosophies in some services
This module features:
- Written information, interactive activities and reflective questions
- Video interviews with educators at two services
- Advice from Rhonda Livingstone, National Education Leader at the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Insights from Anne Stonehouse AM, early childhood consultant and writer.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save a certificate of completion, plus your answers to the reflective questions.
This module takes an estimated 45 minutes to complete.