This one-hour webinar recording, presented by Jenni Connor provides ways to learn about the theory and practice of building children’s maths and numeracy understandings through play-based programs. It is a practical and interactive learning experience for all early childhood educators, including those in the first years of school.
In this Webinar, Jenni Connor explores practical ways of building children’s maths and numeracy understandings through play-based programs. It informs educational leaders about how to guide staff in creating environments for learning numeracy and responding to children’s play in intentional ways.
The webinar includes:
- Definitions of maths and numeracy
- Information about young children as maths and numeracy learners
- Explanation about maths and numeracy in the Early Years Learning Framework
- Discussion about key ideas in maths and numeracy
- Investigation about where these ideas might be encountered in everyday play-based programs
- Discussion about the role of the educator