National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA5||Relationships with children|
|QA6||Collaborative partnerships with families and communities|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
This module designed for anyone working in Early childhood settings who wants to increase or refresh their understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework or EYLF. The EYLF provides a guide for professional practice, curriculum decision making, teaching and learning to ensure consistent high-quality practices are in place across all Australian early year’s settings.
This module includes video interviews, self-reflection questions and activities designed to support a comprehensive knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework in practice.
In this module learners will:
- Reflect on the themes (Belonging, Being and Becoming) of the EYLF
- Explore EYLF Principles, Practices and Learning Outcomes
- Recognise ways educators use the EYLF to support children’s learning
- Examine some of the connections between the National Quality Standard (NQS) and the EYLF.
At the completion of the course learners will have:
- Considered the themes of the EYLF as integral to the Framework itself and to the vision for children’s learning in Australia
- Explored the EYLF principles, practices and learning outcomes as the key ideas guiding the ways Educators work with children.
- Recognised ways educators use the EYLF to support children’s learning and the EYLFs links to the National Quality Standards, Laws and Regulations
- Noted how the EYLF encourages thoughtful, purposeful (quality) practice from Educator.
This module is suitable for educators and professionals (at all stages of their careers) working in Early childhood settings. The module includes written information and video interviews with educators.
Duration: 1 hour
This module is also available within an ECA Learning Hub Annual Subscription.
This module is currently being mapped for accreditation purposes.