This module provides an overview of Australia’s Indigenous history and contemporary society. It also explains how personal knowledge and beliefs impact on your experience of Reconciliation. Your knowledge and beliefs form the foundation for building Reconciliation in your service. The module features interviews with Indigenous and non-Indigenous educators and experts, and practical information and strategies.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- what Reconciliation means
- how your knowledge and beliefs affect Reconciliation in your service
- the history and culture of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- how everyone’s culture matters in early childhood education and care services
- where to find further information and support.
Suitable for early childhood education and care workers at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
Watch the trailer for Reconciliation in action part 1 below.
Click here to go to Reconciliation in action part 2