This module supports educators to learn and teach about Indigenous culture and reconciliation with children. Reconciliation through early childhood education and care can be extremely powerful, as it promises to change the futures of all children in Australia. The module features interviews with Indigenous and non-Indigenous educators and experts, and practical information and strategies.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- your role as an educator in teaching and learning about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture
- how early childhood services can engage with Reconciliation in everyday practices and experiences
- how to bring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives to what you do with children.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
This module is suitable for educators at all stages of their careers.
This module will take approximately 50 minutes to complete.Click here to go to Reconciliation in action part 1