Children’s first years establish behaviours and attitudes they will carry through life. Educators play an important role in nurturing respectful relationships and the playground can be seen as a microcosm of the world and it’s important to support children to engage respectfully with others within the early childhood setting.
About the modules
The three Start Early. Respectful relationships for life modules examine how everyday behaviours and attitudes shape a child’s lifelong relationships.
- Module 1: Respectful relations, written by Carmel Richardson
- Module 2: Gender, respect and identity, written by Pam Linke
- Module 3: Father inclusive practice, written by Richard Fletcher
After completing the Start Early modules you will understand that:
- educators play an important role in nurturing respectful relationships between children, families and the community
- supporting children to participate in respectful relationships is important for their wellbeing
- the pedagogy of listening is an important tool to support respectful relationships with children and families.
Each Start Early module takes approximately one hour to complete. All three modules are available at the special price of $38.50.
Start Early. Respectful relationships for life gathers together resources from many perspectives and sources, drawing on leading Australian bodies, all centred around the prevention of domestic and family violence. Use these resources to complement the content of the Start Early modules, or to explore further. The Start Early blog, and further resources are available on the Start Early website.