National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA5||Relationships with children|
|QA6||Collaborative partnerships with families and communities|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
This module explores practices of child-led inquiry, and reinforces the importance of awe and wonder in sustaining a love of learning. It features a powerful interview with US early childhood expert Ann Pelo, and real-life insights from Australian educators.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- the different ways that adults and children observe and experience the world
- the importance of awe and wonder in children’s learning, and
- how educators can support children to lead their own inquiry and to develop their higher-order thinking skills.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Completing Supporting Child-led Inquiry will contribute 1 hour of NESA registered PD addressing 3.3.2 and 3.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Courses completed after 17/8/2017 will be validated.
Watch the trailer for Supporting Child-led Inquiry below.