This module explores practices of child-led inquiry, and reinforces the importance of awe and wonder in sustaining a love of learning. It features a powerful interview with US early childhood expert Ann Pelo, and real-life insights from Australian educators.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- the different ways that adults and children observe and experience the world
- the importance of awe and wonder in children’s learning, and
- how educators can support children to lead their own inquiry and to develop their higher-order thinking skills.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
This module will take an estimated 60 minutes to complete.
Watch the trailer for Supporting Child-led Inquiry below.