This module explores practices of child-led inquiry, and reinforces the importance of awe and wonder in sustaining a love of learning. It features a powerful interview with US early childhood expert Ann Pelo, and real-life insights from Australian educators.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- the different ways that adults and children observe and experience the world
- the importance of awe and wonder in children’s learning, and
- how educators can support children to lead their own inquiry and to develop their higher-order thinking skills.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
Suitable for early childhood education and care workers at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Watch the trailer for Supporting Child-led Inquiry below.