In this module, we focus on how to help children learn to manage their own attention, emotion, thinking, and behaviour. Self-regulation develops rapidly in the early years, through experiences and relationships that shape brain development. What can you do to support children to develop these critical skills?
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- self-regulation as a critical skill that develops in early childhood and underpins all future learning and wellbeing
- the role of educators in supporting self-regulation development through reflective practice, strong relationships with children and families and embedding self-regulation support in all programming, and
- the role of play, language, group games, music and movement in this work.
This module is particularly suitable for experienced educators and educational leaders.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
Suitable for early childhood education and care workers at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Watch the trailer for Supporting children’s self-regulation ages 3-5 years below.