The transition from early childhood education to school is a unique process for each child and each family. This is equally true for children with disabilities and developmental delays. How can educators and early years teachers best support these children and families to make successful transitions to school?
Join expert Emma Pierce (Early Childhood Intervention Australia—NSW/ACT) for a practical and positive exploration of how to support the transition to school for children with disabilities and developmental delays.
- using a community-wide approach to transition to school
- potential roles and responsibilities for ECEC services
- case studies linked to the EYLF and NQS.
Emma provides tips and strategies around:
- making the most of partnerships with families and other professionals
- sharing information with the child’s new school
- preparing children for school in meaningful ways
- using the practical downloadable tools from ECIA NSW/ACT’s Transition to School Resource.