In this module, you’ll examine the role of information technology in a high-quality curriculum for young children. Dr. Joanne Orlando (University of Western Sydney) explores how IT tools can support existing teaching and learning methods, and how incorporating technology can open new opportunities for children and adults to explore together.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- how technology can extend the ways children work with, develop and represent their ideas
- how educators can use technology to expand the resources available to support learning, and
- why there are no hard and fast rules for how and when technology should be used in early childhood learning.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
Suitable for early childhood education and care workers at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Watch the trailer for Technology in Early Childhood below.