Early Childhood Australia has worked with the Queensland Government,Department of Education and Training to develop a suite of free Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) resources to support the critical work of the early childhood sector and their communities in providing the best developmental opportunities for children.
Guide to using the AEDC – PDF version Adobe PDF document1.3M or text version Microsoft® Word document 92K
Video transcript 88K
Linking the AEDC with the National Quality Standard and the Early Years Learning Framework
Information about the strong links between the AEDC, the National Quality Standard and the Early Years Learning Framework:
Using the five domains
Read about each of the five domains measured in the AEDC and use the practical strategies for supporting children’s learning and development:
Putting the AEDC into practice
Watch or read about how six Queensland services began using the AEDC and their strategies for responding to local AEDC data:
- Silky Oaks Child Care Centre – offered professional development for educators in supporting children’s social competence and emotional maturity and collaborated with local schools and services – video – PDF version 390K – text version 19K.
- Beenleigh Family Centre Child Care – incorporated language focused initiatives in their programming, and supported families in response to Beenleigh’s identified vulnerabilities –video – PDF version 365K – text version 18K.
- C&K Flagstone Community Kindergarten – worked closely with their school community to address the vulnerabilities in communication, language and cognition skills – video – PDF version 309K – text version 18K.
- C&K Hatton Vale Community Kindergarten – utilised professional advice and resources to respond to the identified vulnerability of physical health and wellbeing and language and cognitive skills – video – PDF version 336K – text version 17K.
- Eskay Kids Springfield Child Care and Early Education Centre – responded to the AEDC data by emphasising physical activity, health and wellbeing in their programming – video – PDF version 228K – text version 17K.
- A Head Start Children’s Centres – utilised the Early Years Learning Framework outcomes in conjunction with the AEDC domains to holistically support children’s learning and development – video – PDF version 234K – text version 16K.
To access the AEDC resources please visit the Queensland Government’s AEDC resources page.
To access to AEDC data in your community please visit www.aedc.gov.au
The AEDC resources are proudly funded and supported by the Queensland and Australian Governments.