National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
|4||Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments|
This course examines the role of the environment in children’s learning and the importance of thoughtful planning and organisation of learning spaces. It explores the role of the educator in designing intentional learning environments, including key considerations when arranging spaces. The selection of resources within learning spaces and how they are organised and presented is key when designing rich environments. The course includes written information and videos of practice that will help you assess and plan for rich environments and living spaces that support children’s learning.
This course is suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers. Before embarking on this course ensure you have a sound understanding of:
- the role of the environment in children’s learning
- how indoor learning environments promote constructive learning
- the importance of the environment to foster a child’s sense of belonging and being safe and secure in an early learning environment.
In this course, you will:
- learn about our role as educators in designing intentional environments to support children’s learning
- learn how to intentionally design, arrange spaces and create holistic learning environments
- learn about the importance of character, personality and intentional decision-making in the design of learning environments and opportunities.
Duration: 1 hour