National Quality Standard
|QA7||Leadership and service management|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
This course has been developed to help educators create a useful and accurate Quality Improvement Plan. It provides examples and advice on how a Quality Improvement Plan can support early childhood professionals in assessing their current performance and recognising what they do well. The course also explains how to plan effectively for future improvements using the model of the quality improvement spiral.
The course will provide you with an understanding of:
- understand the requirement of developing and maintaining a Quality Improvement Plan under the National Quality Framework
- understand the compulsory self-assessment and quality-improvement processes of early childhood settings
- unpack how a Quality Improvement Plan can support continuous improvement
- use realistic assessment of current practice as the basis for a successful Quality Improvement Plan
- reflect on practice and identify areas for improvement over time.
Completing Developing and Maintaining a Quality Improvement Plan will contribute 1 hour of PD addressing 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.