National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA2||Children’s health and safety|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|6||Engage in professional learning|
This module will help you to understand how to provide good nutrition for young children, and how to teach children about good food choices. It includes detailed information about the key elements of a healthy diet, and the types of food that are particularly important for young growing bodies. It also provides suggestions on how to educate children about healthy food choices.
Suitable for educators at all stages of their professional development.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- the importance of the early years in childhood diet and health
- the central role of whole foods in a healthy diet
- the role of proteins, carbohydrates and fats
- the link between healthy digestive and immune systems
- adult-led experiences and conversations that help children learn about healthy food choices.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated 30 minutes to complete.
Completing Early Childhood Nutrition will contribute 30 minutes of NESA registered PD addressing standard 6 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.