National Quality Standard
|QA7||Governance and Leadership|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|6||Engage in professional learning|
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
The ECA Leadership Program, revised in 2021, is a renowned program for educational leaders, teachers in leadership roles and aspiring leaders. Founded on solid expert research and five years of sector consultation, this essential leadership framework has been designed by early childhood experts and quality assured by early childhood practising leaders. Our Leadership Program was specifically created as a strengths-based, self-directed, short-term program for both current and aspiring early childhood leaders in diverse settings.
This program includes access to:
- twelve online professional learning modules and webinars
- the ECA Leadership Programfolder containing the hardcopy Leadership Capability Framework and a ‘how-to’ guide with suggestions on how to make the most of the Framework
- the opportunity to develop your own Personalised Professional Learning Plan relevant to your individual work environment and development priorities
As an extension to the learner journey, the Leadership Program Community of Practice is way for learners to network and collaborate with one another, while also being involved in facilitated discussion about key elements of the Program.
Through your involvement in this Community of Practice, you can expect to:
- engage in a number of online forums and Zoom sessions
- be constructively challenged by your peers and facilitator
- experience the opportunity to cultivate ongoing professional relationships with other learners
- be actively involved in critically reflective dialogue
- shift your pedagogical practices as they relate to leadership in early childhood
- participate in and engage with ECA Learning Hub resources that will enhance and extend your thinking.
- receive regular feedback on your Personalised Professional Learning Plan prior to submission