National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA5||Relationships with children|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|6||Engage in professional learning|
This on-demand webinar explores the five steps of emotion coaching: emotional awareness, connecting, listening, naming emotions and finding good solutions. When used effectively, emotion coaching can be used by educators and other professionals working with young children to build trusting and respectful relationships.
This highly practical webinar by psychologist Beth Macgregor examines, through case studies and videos, how the five steps to emotion coaching can provide teachable moments during times of distress and assist children to further develop their own agency and understanding of emotions and feelings.
Following the completion of this webinar you will
- Understand the steps and approaches to emotion coaching
- Be able to draw on and use emotion coaching techniques in various situations
- Be able to use moments of negative behavior as opportunities for teaching
- Be able to assist children to identify and self-regulate their emotions
- Understand how emotion coaching can assist children to problem solve and find good solutions
- Build trusting and respectful relationships with children.
Are you an ECA Learning Hub Subscriber?