Categories ECA Collaborations, Free courses
National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA7||Governance and Leadership|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|1||Know students and how they learn|
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
|6||Engage in professional learning|
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
This module is specifically for Directors and Managers of early learning services throughout Australia. It is designed to enable a review of a service’s online-safety processes and practices. You will learn how to ensure online safety is considered in the same way as other safety practices at your service.
On completing the module, participants will have a collated list of all their answers. This list can be used as a guide to improve online safety practices, and as evidence for the service’s Quality Improvement Plan.
This module will enable you to:
- define the acceptable use of technology at your service, and ensure that it is written in your policies
- embed online safety principles in your educational program and practice
- review your service’s infrastructure and technology, checking for appropriate filtering, monitoring and compliance with data protection laws
- review your educators’ knowledge of online safety practices, and support their continual professional learning in this area
- review how your service provides regular, quality online safety information to families.
Duration: 2 hours