National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|1||Know students and how they learn|
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
|6||Engage in professional learning|
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
This module focuses on how children engage with content in digital contexts. This is the most common way young children engage online, especially at home. You will learn how to choose content that encourages active participation and group interaction, and will be provided with practical examples of how to share this important information with your families.
This module will enable you to:
- describe WATCH and EXPLORE experiences
- set up children’s devices for online safety and safe searching (Be safe)
- support children’s wellbeing and social skills in digital technology experiences (Be kind)
- teach children what to do when they encounter inappropriate content (Ask for help)
- support children’s self-regulation skills when they are engaged with technology (Make good choices).
Duration: 1 hour