National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA5||Relationships with children|
|QA6||Collaborative partnerships with families and communities|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
|6||Engage in professional learning|
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
Get this module 15% off as a part of the ECA Summer Sale when you add the promotional code Summer2019 at checkout! Shop a range of quality-assured resources and children’s books, and a wide range of online learning modules and webinars. Sale ends 11.59pm Sunday 15 December 2019.
This module designed for anyone working in Early childhood settings who wants to increase or refresh their understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework or EYLF. The EYLF provides a guide for professional practice, curriculum decision making, teaching and learning to ensure consistent high-quality practices are in place across all Australian early year’s settings.
This module includes video interviews, self-reflection questions and activities designed to support a comprehensive knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework in practice.
In this module learners will:
- Reflect on the themes (Belonging, Being and Becoming) of the EYLF
- Explore EYLF Principles, Practices and Learning Outcomes
- Recognise ways educators use the EYLF to support children’s learning
- Examine some of the connections between the National Quality Standard (NQS) and the EYLF.
At the completion of the course learners will have:
- Considered the themes of the EYLF as integral to the Framework itself and to the vision for children’s learning in Australia
- Explored the EYLF principles, practices and learning outcomes as the key ideas guiding the ways Educators work with children.
- Recognised ways educators use the EYLF to support children’s learning and the EYLFs links to the National Quality Standards, Laws and Regulations
- Noted how the EYLF encourages thoughtful, purposeful (quality) practice from Educator.
This module is suitable for educators and professionals (at all stages of their careers) working in Early childhood settings. The module includes written information and video interviews with educators.
An Introduction to the Early Years Learning Framework will contribute 1 hour of NESA Registered PD addressing standards 3.2.2, 3.3.3, 6.2.2, and 7.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Duration: 1 hour
This module is also available within an ECA Learning Hub Annual Subscription.