National Quality Standard
|QA7||Leadership and service management|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
About this module
The National Quality Framework (NQF) was introduced in 2012 and was the result of an agreement between all Australian governments to work together to provide better educational and developmental outcomes for children. The NQF sets a benchmark for the quality of education and care services.
This module includes video interviews, self-reflection questions and activities designed to support a comprehensive knowledge of the National Quality Framework (NQF) in practice.
In this module you will learn about:
- The guiding principles of the National Quality Framework
- The Education and Care Services National Law
- The Education and Care Services National Regulations
- The National Quality Standard
- Approved Learning Framework/s for early childhood
- The Assessment and Rating Process.
After completing this module, you should have a deeper understanding of:
- How the National Quality Framework came about, it’s aim and guiding principles
- The Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations and know where to find information on the Law and Regulations
- The National Quality Standard and some indicators of quality
- The Approved Learning Framework for children birth to five years
- The Assessment and Rating Process and what you might expect during the rating process.
The National Quality Framework is a complex document. It will take more than one professional learning session to fully understand. It is helpful to think of this module as introduction and starting point. This module is suitable for educators and professionals (at all stages of their careers) working in early childhood settings. The module includes written information and video interviews with educators.
Completing Introduction to the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care Services will contribute 1 hour of PD addressing standard 7 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
Duration: 1 hour
This module is also available within an ECA Learning Hub Annual Subscription.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- A certificate of completion
- Your reflective answers