National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|1||Know students and how they learn|
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
|6||Engage in professional learning|
This module explores how educators can support children’s maths and numeracy learning by weaving mathematical concepts and ideas into day-to-day practice, play and outdoor programs. It also looks at intentional teaching and child-led learning and highlights why it’s important for educators to model how to think and talk mathematically.
In this course, you will:
- learn how to include maths and numeracy concepts in your daily practice with children
- understand how to plan for mathematical learning
- reflect on the role of children in planning the educational program
- unpack how play-based learning and intentional teaching practices can support children’s mathematical understanding
- hear case studies from early childhood and school settings and find out how some educators incorporate maths in their learning environments.
Duration: 2 hours
Watch the trailer for Maths is everywhere below.