National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
This module has been developed to explore the importance of outdoor environments for children’s learning, and show how educators can plan and use outdoor spaces with children. We will also address some of the fears about risky play and explain how educators and children can manage risk without removing challenges and fun.
The module features:
- interviews with educators
- footage of outdoor learning environments
- a visit to Bush Kinder
- advice from Kidsafe
- reflective questions.
The module will explain clearly:
- why outdoor learning matters
- how to create rich outdoor learning spaces
- ways to overcome barriers to outdoor learning
- how to help children manage healthy risks and challenges outdoors.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Completing Outdoor Learning will contribute 1 hour of PD addressing 3.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
Watch the trailer for Outdoor Learning below.