National Quality Standard
|QA5||Relationships with children|
|QA6||Collaborative partnerships with families and communities|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
This module has been developed to help educators build and strengthen partnerships with families on an ongoing basis, taking into account different circumstances and settings.
The module includes video interviews with educators from three service types:
- long day care
- family day care
- outside school hours care.
Whichever part of the children’s education and care sector you work in, this module will provide helpful information, ideas and opportunities for reflection.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- what is desirable in relationships between educators and families
- how each educator-family relationship is unique
- why the child’s wellbeing is the focus of the relationship
- how different service types approach partnerships with families.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Completing Partnerships with Families will contribute 1 hour of PD addressing Standard 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.