National Quality Standard
|QA5||Relationships with children|
|QA6||Collaborative partnerships with families and communities|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
Anne Stonehouse AMAnne Stonehouse (AM) has been a consultant, writer and developer of videos and other resources on a variety of topics in early childhood education and care.
This course has been developed to help educators build and strengthen partnerships with families on an ongoing basis, taking into account different circumstances and settings. It includes video interviews with educators from three service types, including long day care, family day care and outside school hours care.
Whichever part of the early childhood education and care sector you work in, this course will provide you with helpful information and ideas on how to build relationships and partnerships with families in your setting.
The course includes video interviews with educators from three service types:
- long day care
- family day care
- outside school hours care.
The course will provide you with an understanding of:
- what is desirable in relationships between educators and families
- some of the challenges and rewards that come with taking the time to build solid partnerships with families
- the uniqueness of each educator–family relationship
- why the child’s wellbeing needs to be the focus of the relationship
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers.
Duration: 2 hours