National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA6||Collaborative partnerships with families and communities|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|2||Know the content and how to teach it|
|6||Engage in professional learning|
This module supports educators to learn and teach about Indigenous culture and reconciliation with children. Reconciliation through early childhood education and care can be extremely powerful, as it promises to change the futures of all children in Australia. The module features interviews with Indigenous and non-Indigenous educators and experts, and practical information and strategies.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- your role as an educator in teaching and learning about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture
- how early childhood services can engage with Reconciliation in everyday practices and experiences
- how to bring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives to what you do with children.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Completing Reconciliation in action—Part 1 will contribute 1 hour of NESA registered PD addressing standard 2.1.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Watch the trailer for Reconciliation in action—Part 2 below:Click here to go to Reconciliation in action part 1