National Quality Standard
|QA1||Educational program and practice|
|QA5||Relationships with children|
|QA6||Collaborative partnerships with families and communities|
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|7||Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community|
Get this module 15% off as a part of the ECA Summer Sale! Shop a range of quality-assured resources and children’s books, and a wide range of online learning modules and webinars. Sale ends 11.59pm Sunday 15 December 2019.
Children’s first years establish behaviours and attitudes they will carry through life. Educators play an important role in nurturing respectful relationships and the playground can be seen as a microcosm of the world and it’s important to support children to engage respectfully with others within the early childhood setting.
About the modules
The three Start Early. Respectful relationships for life modules examine how everyday behaviours and attitudes shape a child’s lifelong relationships.
- Module 1: Respectful relations, written by Carmel Richardson
- Module 2: Gender, respect and identity, written by Pam Linke
- Module 3: Father inclusive practice, written by Richard Fletcher
After completing the Start Early modules you will understand that:
- educators play an important role in nurturing respectful relationships between children, families and the community
- supporting children to participate in respectful relationships is important for their wellbeing
- the pedagogy of listening is an important tool to support respectful relationships with children and families.
Each Start Early module takes approximately one hour to complete. All three modules are available at the special price of $45.
Completing Start early. Respectful relationships for life will contribute 3 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing standards 3.2.2 and 7.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. Courses completed after 20/2/2018 will be validated.
Start Early. Respectful relationships for life gathers together resources from many perspectives and sources, drawing on leading Australian bodies, all centred around the prevention of domestic and family violence. Use these resources to complement the content of the Start Early modules, or to explore further. The Start Early blog, and further resources are available on the Start Early website.