National Quality Standard
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
|3||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning|
Use the promotional code VIRTUAL19 at checkout to receive 20% off this professional learning module. Discount valid from 9am 25 September to 11.59pm 4 November 2019.
This module explores practices of child-led inquiry, and reinforces the importance of awe and wonder in sustaining a love of learning. It features a powerful interview with US early childhood expert Ann Pelo, and real-life insights from Australian educators.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- the different ways that adults and children observe and experience the world
- the importance of awe and wonder in children’s learning, and
- how educators can support children to lead their own inquiry and to develop their higher-order thinking skills.
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save:
- your answers to the reflective questions
- a certificate of completion.
Suitable for early childhood education and care professionals at all stages of their careers. This module will take an estimated one hour to complete.
Completing Supporting Child-led Inquiry will contribute 1 hour of NESA registered PD addressing 3.3.2 and 3.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Watch the trailer for Supporting Child-led Inquiry below.